This Much I Know

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Today I was Touched by Money

As some of you know I call my second son, Money.  I call him Money, mainly because he always came through for me when I was lucky enough to be his baseball couch many years ago.  If I needed a hit, he got it, a stolen base, he got it for the team, he was MONEY!

Well tonight,  he taught a family home lesson for us.  He mainly focused in on Cakes ( the name I call Kailee my daughter who will be 16 in two weeks).  He shared how when he was in seventh grade a girl asked him to go steady with him and he replied with a negative comment back to her and didn't think twice about it. Yet as fate would have it, he was talking to a Beautiful girl 6 years later in High School and as he talked to her saying, "we should hang out" she smiles and said do you not remember me? and what you said to me six years ago?  He did not ( and that is sad in and of itself because we can hurt others and forget that we did) but when she told him what he had said he felt so bad and tried to apologize.  It had such an impact on her she remembered it six years later.  I was sad to learn my son said a hurtful thing but glad to know he has learned from his terrible mistake.  To watch him know he is the kindest person I know and so caring and I am guessing it is from the lesson he leaned in how to treat others and especially women.  Our words matter,  they do hurt and unlike the nursery rhyme, sticks and stones, words do hurt and break.

Lets all try harder to be kind and speak well of each other.  He challenged Cakes to go out of her way at Hight School to say nice things to others.  Lets all take Money's challenge and speak kind words to each other.

Love my son who I call Money!

No comments :