This Much I Know

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Cellercise!

Dear Dave, 

My testimony is a little different from the others. I was recovering for over 3 years from severe fracture injuries to my shoulder and both wrists and the surgeries I had. Also a fractured pelvis. I lost my balance, flexibility, and strength, and of course my confidence, and much independence. When I finally was able to build up my walking time, I was up to an hour or more several times per week, and even several hours at times. Then came the stress fractures in my feet which kept me from walking for weeks at a time. I couldn't walk without pain or risk for more than a short time around the block, and often had to stop and massage my feet or have someone come pick me up. It was terrifying to think that my feet could crumble out from under me. I also had severe foot cramps for 4 years. Then I saw something about rebounders, can't remember what, but I started investigating and researching. I decided I needed a person to help answer my questions and help me wade through all the possibilities. I found Sharon Ritt, who carefully listened to my specific needs and recommended the Cellercizer with the stability bar. I started with 5 minutes of jumping and my whole body hurt so badly, I couldn't do anything for a week. Then after to reading and "thinking", I gradually moved from 1 minute per day to 15 minutes in 2 months. I was up to 30 minutes for a couple weeks then left for over a month to travel in Utah. I had been gaining longer time walking and had less pain, but I was still wary of any irregularities in the road. During that month, I hiked where ever anyone else did, slowly, then more easily, over rough trails. I didn't take the rebounder with me as I didn't remember how it could be folded up. My mind was also badly affected by pain, drugs, inactivity, etc. When I returned, I started using the rebounder again, this time able to build up within a week or two. A month later we left it behind again and flew to Panama for 2 months. I walked constantly, and up and down very steep and rugged mountains. Rarely had foot pain, more discomfort like anyone else would have. I have had occasional foot cramps attributed to unwise dress shoes, and twice to dehydration. My balance and flexibility is good now, and I rarely have any body pain. I am so amazed and thrilled to have overcome my disability, but at age 71 with osteoporosis, I know I will have to continue to do all I can to maintain my health and good conditioning. When we returned from Panama, I wasn't as regular with my workout, and saw the results in my balance and overall strength. It is quickly coming back however including the good posture I so covet. I had developed a program for myself for 15 - 30 minutes, but was becoming resistant and had trouble motivating myself. I would make myself bounce and exercise for 5 minutes, then tell myself I could do another 5 minutes, and so on. It was working fairly well, but I was frustrated with our scheduling irregularities. I finally looked at your DVD (for the first time), and decided to follow exactly your program, with a couple more favorite exercises thrown in, and not push myself to do more than the 10 minutes. I still walk a lot, so I do get good exercise anyway. This shorter program works well for me. Thank you so much for helping me get my life back when it looked hopeless. Kathy

No comments :