This Much I Know

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cellercise!


Hi David, October 21, 2014
I want to write and tell you how much the Cellerciser has helped me. I have been using it for about 10 weeks and I have experienced the improvements in my health and physique just like you have taught us. But for me I have had an additional benefit that I hadn’t counted on. I have had a bad neck for the past 25 years. On my way to work one morning, my 3 year old daughter reached up to give me a loving hug goodbye. I bent over and she reached up and put her arms around my neck and gave me a big hug. My neck gave a little pop and was stiff and sore for the rest of the day. In fact it never was the same again.
I sought chiropractic help but that didn’t work. I continued to live with this pain for years. If I looked up, my neck would immediately start to spasm. If I didn’t look down within about 15 seconds, I was bound for a day of severer neck pain usually ending up by taking pain medication.
I did get a little relief from a chiropractor a few years ago who worked specifically on necks. I asked him what exercise I could do to strengthen my neck. Being an engineer it just seemed like if the neck was in the right place and if it could be strengthened, it would eventually be able to hold the good alignment. He said there wasn’t any and that just keeping in place would eventually strengthen the muscles and ligaments and it would hold. To be fare, his procedure did help. I didn’t have as many neck aces. But I could never look up without it flaring up like crazy.
Around the beginning of August 2014 I started jumping on the Cellerciser. I started real slow because it would hurt my neck, knee, and lower back if I did too much. I had had knee surgery 6 years earlier to remove some torn cartilage. When I walked or worked hard, my knee would get sore. I started to where a knee brace thinking it would keep my knee more secure. It worked. Wearing the brace helped so I wore it a lot over this past year.
I had this idea to wear it while I did my Cellerciser workout so that it wouldn’t get sore just like I had been doing all year. I did the knee exercises in hopes that it would strengthen my knees and eventually I wouldn’t need the brace. Over the last two months that has worked and I seldom wear the brace. My knees are much stronger and of course everything else is stronger as well.
But now back to my neck. About the middle of August, about two weeks after starting to work on the Cellerciser, you talked about strengthening the neck by tilting the head back while doing the stomach routine. I started doing this in my routine. About two weeks later, I was at work looking up during a demonstration and after about 10 seconds I realized that my neck didnt hurt. I continued to look up and my neck never got the spasms that I normally get. Imagine that. After 25 years I can look up. My neck is much stronger and I havent gotten those painful neck spasms.
Thanks for your advice and more importantly, thanks for producing the Cellerciser and the routines that are benefiting my life.
Dennis 

No comments :