This Much I Know

Friday, February 8, 2013

The Son I call Money

Today as I walked through my office, I heard my Son pick up the phone to help an IBO take an order.  As I heard him joke with them and then give them complete 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed service, I remembered how lucky I am to be his Dad.

His smile, and the way he treats everyone is a gift to all he meets.  It seems like yesterday he was born and now he is 23 years old. Watching him play ball remains one of my favorite memories.

I clearly recall one game in early April that was played in freezing cold temperatures in the city in which we live now but back then we had to travel to play here.  In the cold I began coughing and I knew I may get sick if the game went long.  Tied in the bottom of the six I said, "Son I need a hit to get us out of here".  He stepped up, hit one in to deep right center and ran to third,  when they bobbled the ball he stole home.  He gave me his special smile and we headed to the car. He could play and have fun at the same time.  I gave him the nickname Money that day and it has stayed with me since.  He is Money.

He continues to be able to enjoy life to this day and I am happy for him.  He can connect to  Q Happiness.

Thanks Austin for your example.



No comments :